FACT BOARD MEETING
JANUARY 19, 2018
The meeting was called to order by President Ron Hinkle at 8:00 a,m. Board members present were Larry Baker, RC Wilkins, Todd Williams, Ken Trusty, Donna Murphy, Kathy Seidling and Marty Burleson. Board member Steve Steele was absent. Guests were Beryl Baker, Lindsay Hinkle and Amy Garner.

The minutes of the January 5, 2018 meeting were approved as presented upon the motion of RC and seconded by Todd.

OLD BUSINESS

The contract for Valedictorian and the Sorcerer has been signed and the deposit of $450 has been received. The play will be on August 31 and September 1, 2, 7, 8, and 9.

Fundraising Committee
Ron received a check in the amount of $1,917.97 from the Chamber for our portion of the profits from the New Year’s Eve fundraiser. We also had proceeds of $922 from the bar.

RC reported on the “Exit Laughing” play. Tickets and flyers will be distributed today. Tickets will be $10 for adults, $7.00 for seniors (60+) and $7.00 for students. High School students need to present high school IDs. RC, Kathy Herrin, Kathy Splitgerber, and Haley Atkinson did an advertising spot on the radio and it should be aired as of today. The play is within budget, about $1,000 under budget so far. RC will ask the cast if they might be able to do a short performance for the Rotary Club. A discussion was held regarding purchasing sound equipment. Larry made a motion that we purchase sound equipment up to $1,000, seconded by Todd. Motion was unanimously approved.

The Variety show needs to change their dates to April 27 and 28. Todd made a motion to accept the new date, seconded by Marty and unanimously approved. Flyers will be going out for auditions for the Variety Show. It will be open to all ages. Rialto will have concessions but no liquor.

Battle of the Bands has been cancelled due to lack of interest by bands.

Nothing new on Fighting the Phoenix.

The Junktique has been moved to the weekend of September 28 and 29. If the Chamber and the merchants want to rent the Rialto for those two days, our fee will be $750 per day. We would need to have someone at the Rialto for thirteen hours each day.

The FPD Casino Night has been cancelled at this time.

Admin Committee

Ron was contacted by the FEDC Administrative Assistant, Diana Armstrong, regarding several high school students that need to do community service hours. She wanted to know if we would have somethings that they could do. They can contact Ken.

Larry met with Richard Thomas and he did not see any problems with the concession area. Larry reported that Sid Dardin, Health Inspector, will come by on Monday and look at the concession area. Ron has started the application for the permanent liquor license.

Grants
Nothing new on the Business Plan. We have some documentation that we need to get to Alexis. She will be at our next meeting.

Marty reported that she has inquired about a USDA grant. The granter said that they did not know if they had any money at this time. They were waiting to see If there was going to be a government shutdown which would affect their grant budget. We also need to prioritize our projects. Marty will make a copy of Steve’s worksheets and leave them in the Board room for members. A request for grant information was sent to El Pomar.

Projects Committee

The weather has been too cold to finish the painting on the marquee. Ken has also been working on set construction.

Steve had indicated that Bergeman Brothers were to start on the store front this week. Kathy said she would ask Lynn about their work schedule. She said she knew they were behind in projects because of the weather.

Community Relations/PR Committee
We are advertising Exit Laughing on the Marquee.

Power Point presentation for the New Neighbors is scheduled for February 27, 2018.

NEW BUSINESS

Misty Barr called Marty and wanted to know if they could rent the Rialto for her son, Jacob Henry’s, graduation party. Marty told her that she would have to bring it to the board. The party would be on Saturday, May 19, 2018. Marty will call Misty and find out the hours of rental, if they need tables and chairs and number of people attending. We would need the contract signed 60 days before the event.

Todd has been contacted by Charlotte Henager of Frog Dawg regarding some shows. This would be a venue rental not a partnership. She was looking at having five shows, one a month from April thru August on the second Saturday of each month. She has a contract with Heidi Parton, Dolly’s niece, for the show in April. It would be seating at tables for 120. She plans to have dinner catered for this show.

Kathy was excused from the meeting at this time.

Charlotte will have her own security for the band and crowd. She will pay everything up front each month for the shows. She has obtained sponsors for the show and recommended that we only sell wine and beer for concessions. RC made a motion to approve a contract with Frog Dawg for 5 concert dates beginning in April on the second Saturday. We will request $1,000 up front to secure the dates, venue will be $650 for two 12 hour blocks beginning at noon and ending at midnight. Any additional time will be $50.00 for a 4 hour block. Deposit for cleaning will be $250 each performance. $250 deposit for cleaning will be rolled over to the next month if cleaned. Motion seconded by Todd, unanimously approved. Charlotte will need to add the Rialto Theater as an additional insured on their minimum $1 million General Liability Insurance Certificate and will provide the Rialto with a copy.

Reminder that the Annual Meeting will be held sometime in March.

There being no further business to bring before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 10:15 a.m.
Respectfully submitted,
Marty Burleson Secretary