FACT BOARD MEETING
APRIL 6, 2018

The meeting was called to order at 8:06 a.m. by President Rich Burleson. Board members present were Larry Baker, RC Wilkins, Todd Williams, Steve Steele, Donna Murphy, Kathy Seidling and Kathy Madonna. Board members Ken Trusty, Marty Burleson and Ron Hinkle were absent. Beryl Baker and Nancy Harvey were guests.

The minutes of the March 23, 2018 meeting were unanimously approved upon the motion of Todd Williams, seconded by RC Wilkins.

Kathy Seidling presented the March Treasurer’s Report. Acceptance of the report was made by RC, seconded by Todd Williams and was unanimously approved.

OLD BUSINESS

Discussion of the Arts Liquor License resulted in a vote to move forward with completing the application. The motion was made by Larry Baker, seconded by RC and approved. A committee of Steve Steele, Larry Baker and Rich Burleson will meet on Monday morning to complete the application.

PROJECTS COMMITTEE (Steve. Larry, Ken)

The ticket booth has been completed including mail slot. Discussion of cash drawer concluded with RC providing a drawer to use for the Talent Show.

Larry has completed the security rods for the steel exit doors.

Discussion of the Concession Room redesign. A proposed plan for the room was presented by Rich which was followed by board discussion about plumbing (Larry will contact River Valley), building walls, installing cabinets and installing appropriate flooring. A motion to complete the Concession Room was made by Larry, seconded by Kathy Madonna and approved. Larry will run the plans by the building inspector for permits and contact Morrie Ayes about a cabinet. Steve will ask Bob Armon to review the proposed floor plan and get recommendations. Rich will order the 4 compartment sink. Sid Darden will be consulted to make sure all of the plans are acceptable.

The Projects Committee was asked to prioritize the next projects to be completed. Discussion of chairs took place with Todd agreeing to find prices for several types of chairs.

EVENTS COMMITTEE (Rich. Todd, RC)

All of the scheduled events for the remainder of the year were listed and discussed:

April 9, 10 auditions for Doublewide, Texas 6 — 9 p.m. for 3 men and 6 women (RC)
April 14 “Aurora, The Borealis” — a Frog Dawg Production (Todd) The following list of items to be completed for each of the Frog Dawg Productions will be followed:

  • Time: 6 p.m. show up, Doors open 6:30 p.m. and show begins at 7 p.m.
  • Security: Ken
  • ID checking outside for all those desiring to drink alcoholic beverages. Wrist bands will be used and no one without a band will be sold alcohol. Signs will be placed outside informing those who need tickets to purchase them at the ticket window, non-drinkers with tickets to enter the west door and drinkers with tickets to have ID checks outside on the sidewalk and enter through the east door.
  • Concessions: Kathy S., Lynn, Rich – Beer and wine only alcoholic beverages. Inventory of the beer by Lindsay and purchases by Ron.
  • Contracts for all Frog Dawg Productions: Todd
  • Band set-up and coordinator: Todd
  • Special Events Licenses for all necessary events: Ron will be asked to continue completing.

Remaining scheduled events were discussed with action taken on
$50 application fee approved for the Canon City Blossom Day Parade: RC
Motion made by Kathy M, seconded by Kathy S, and approved.
May 19 Pancake Walk: Larry and RC will be at the Rialto for tours
May 20 Florence Car Show: RC and Kathy M. will give Rialto tours
July 4 Florence Parade: RC and the Rialto Players
Sept 14 Pioneer Day Royalty introductions: the Events Committee will explore programs or music for that evening.

BOARD COMMITTEE AND OTHER ASSIGNMENTS

Secretary: Marty
Treasurer: Kathy S.
Projects Committee: Steve. Larry, Ken
Newsletter: Steve
Marquee: Todd will do those related to all Frog Dawg Productions and other Board members will complete them in between.
Kathy M. will do the Talent Show.
Special Events Licenses: Ron
Building maintenance, contractors, permits: Larry
Theatre Productions: RC
Rialto Players: RC
School programs: RC
Website Liaison: Kathy M. Kathy will send out a note to all members asking for specific information/materials to be sent to Debbie Morton.
Bands coordinator: Todd
Events Committee: RC, Todd, Rich
Community Relations/PR power point presentations: Todd, Ron
Fundraising/Grants Committee: Marty, Steve

9:40 a.m. With no further items for discussion the Board took a break and looked at the plans for the Concession Room redesign.

10:00 a.m. Meeting continued with a presentation by Alexis Lee of the FACT Business Plan. The next step for the Board will be determining future development of the plan and vision for the future. Alexis offered to help (pro bono) with additional work on the Business Plan.

There being no further business to bring before the Board the meeting was adjourned at 10:30 am.

Respectfully submitted,
Rich Burleson, acting Secretary