The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m. by President Rich Burleson. Board members present were Larry Baker, Kathy Madonna, Donna Murphy, Kathy Seidling, Steve Steele, Ken Trusty, RC Wilkins and Marty Burleson. Board Advisor Beryl Baker was present. Board Advisor, Lisa Steele was absent.

Volunteer time sheets were completed by Board members to record their volunteer hours.

The minutes of the April 2, 2019 were approved upon the motion of RC and seconded by Kathy Madonna.

There was no Treasurer’s Report. The Liquor License renewal application is due. Beryl donated the license fee of $308.75.

OLD BUSINESS

The Business Plan workshop will be at the Burleson’s on April 28 at 1:00 p.m.

The Board will have a picture taken with the photo check of the Rawlins Grant. Rich will write a press release to go with the picture.

We have not received a copy of the photos that were taken by Dehl Wolfers.

We reviewed the Humane Society Fashion Dog Show. Everyone was very pleased with the event.

Ann Sheridan was on the Chamber KRLN Radio show on Tuesday and Friday promoting the Fremont County Has Talent Show 2.0.

We will have further discussion of the Rialto Membership proposal at the business meeting.

The Penrose Chamber of Commerce meets on the 3rd Thursday at 7:00 p.m. The Florence Chamber meets on the 2nd Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.

NEW BUSINESS

The Wall of Stars recognizing those that have donated to the renovation of the Rialto was discussed.

The Talent Show on the 19th and 20th was discussed. Workers should be at the theater by 6:00 p.m.

We have not heard about the preparations needed for the FEDC program on May 16. Donna will go see Lois to see what they will need for their program.

The Florence Car Show on May 19 was discussed. Rich will work with Hans regard the root beer. The Rialto will be selling root beer floats. Coffee and donuts will be available. Kathy S. will check with Rocky Mountain Bank and Trust to see if they would donate the ice cream for the floats. RC will contact the Canon City Chamber to reserve the projector and the screen.

Discussion was held regarding logos, public relations, and dissemination of news. The consensus of Board was to have logos for the Rialto Players and the Junior Rialto Players presented to the Board to decide what the logos would be.

Projects Committee

The Board is still waiting to get expense proposals for the Green Room in order to pursue website/grant funding requests.

The walls of the auditorium have been painted. The plaster railing needs to be removed and replaced. Below the molding it will be necessary to sheet rock and paint. Other projects to be completed are a curtain across the top of the stage, and options for stairways down from the balcony to the alley. Kathy Kennedy will take a picture of the mural on the ceiling in the hallway to the restrooms. Then the Board will decide on the paint colors and when we can paint the hallway. We have the grant to resurface the floor and need to find a time that we can get the materials and begin. The board will look at samples of historic paint before deciding final colors for walls, ceilings, etc.

RC presented a request to purchase lights for the front of the stage. He has allowed the cost of $700 for those lights in his budget for “Deathtrap”. Marty made a motion, seconded by Kathy S. that we purchase the lights.

Play Committee

The Play Committee will meet this month on April 24 at 5:30 p.m. with Kathy Herrin. “Death Trap” has been scheduled for May 24, 25, 26, 31, June 1 and 2. Schedules for the other plays in 2019 were reviewed.

The Rialto Players will be participating in the Blossom Day Parade on May 4, 2019.

Events Committee

The December Holiday Fundraising Party, hosted by the Bakers was discussed. We hope to have a membership plan to present at the party.

The Rialto has been asked to hold the Steampunk Ball at the Rialto on October 11 and 12. The City Council has not approved the street closure on Main Street. After reviewing the Rialto’s schedule of events a motion was made by Kathy M., seconded by Ken that we not participate because of the Dracula play in October. Motion was unanimously passed. Rich will contact Barb Brierley.

 

There being no further business to bring before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:03 p.m.

The next regular board meeting is Tuesday, May 7 at 5:30 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Marty Burleson, Secretary

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This