FACT BOARD MEETING
MAY 4, 2018
The meeting was called to order by President Rich Burleson at 8:00 a.m. Board members present were Todd Williams. Donna Murphy, Ron Hinkle, Kathy Seidling, RC Wilkins, Kathy Madonna, Larry Baker and Marty Burleson. Board members Ken Trusty and Steve Steele were absent. Beryl Baker and Sue Haws were guests.

Minutes of the April 20, 2018 were approved as presented on the motion of Ron and seconded by Todd.

Kathy Seidling presented the Treasurer’s Report. The report was accepted upon the motion of Marty, seconded by RC.

OLD BUSINESS

Sue gave a report on the Fremont County Has Talent — Variety show held April 28, 2018. All tickets were sold and the attendance was great. Sue was within budget. Everyone agreed that it was a success and that we should do at least one each year. Sue left the meeting after her presentation.

The Arts Liquor License application has been submitted. Thank you, Beryl! Larry had petitions to get signatures of Florence citizens that approve the application.

We will have a workshop for the FACT Business Plan following the May 18 regular meeting.

Ron will research the NEEP program to see if the Rialto would qualify.

Our ad has been placed in the Camp Florence Ration Book.

A new Cash Register has been purchased for the concession area. It will give us the ability to keep track on the items sold and get totals at the end of the day.

Projects Committee

The concession room revamp is in progress.

Priorities for future: finish the main level
Small: Paint entry way, paint hallway, patch/paint walls on 1st floor. Consensus was to start with the painting. Large: Seal concrete flooring, complete the stage area and purchase a new compressor for one of the air conditioning units. When the first floor is completely finished, we will then consider chairs.

Events Committee

The Board reviewed the upcoming events. We are waiting for contracts for the Frog Dawg Productions on June 6 and August 4.

NEW BUSINESS

The Board wants to treat the Rialto Players to pizza/drinks for the Talent Show work. On May 16 at 5:00 p.m. we will have pizza and drinks for them.

Lynn Donovan met with the Events Committee and presented a proposal to have her original play, “Haunted Java” produced at the Rialto Theater. The play is about the theater. We would have to pay royalties of $600 but it would be the premier performance of the play. She would direct with RC as assistant. It is a romantic comedy. She suggested that the play be six nights in February on 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, and 17. There will be 10 actors/actresses.

Penrose Chamber of Commerce has approached Ron about the Rialto joining their Chamber of Commerce. The yearly membership fee is $30.00. Kathy M. made a motion seconded by Larry that we join the Penrose Chamber. Motion was unanimously approved.

The funeral for Sarah Radke will be on held at the Rialto on July 7. Larry thought it would be from 9- 11 a.m.

Ken Trusty has indicated that he will be unable to attend Board meetings because of his new job. We will send him a letter indicating that we will declare a vacancy for his position.

Todd went over the security for the Frog Dawg concert on May 12 that will be handled by them and what security is the responsibility of the Rialto. No Parking signs have been ordered for the west side of the building and right behind the liquor store.

A cleanup day has been scheduled for Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.

Discussion was held regarding moving the Boardroom upstairs and using the current Boardroom for storage of chairs and tables. Tuesday at the work day the Board table and cabinets will be moved upstairs.

An Event Workers Sign Up Sheet is on the Board table. RC will also provide it to the Rialto Players for those who are able to work on May 12.

The probability that we will need to check handbags and back packs for alcohol/guns was discussed. It was the consensus of the Board that uniformed police or deputy sheriffs might be used for this and they would be paid. Larry will check with City Manager Mike Patterson if this would be a possibility.

RC requested that Board consider order some spot lights. Upon the motion of Marty, seconded by Ron the Board authorized RC to purchase the lights, not to exceed $400. Motion unanimously approved.

The next meeting will be on Friday, May 18 at 8 a.m.

There being no further business to bring before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 10:30 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty Burleson, Secretary