FACT BOARD MEETING
MAY 18, 2018

The meeting was called to order by President Rich Burleson at 8:00 a.m. Board members present were Todd Williams, Donna Murphy, RC Wilkins, Kathy Madonna, Larry Baker, Steve Steele and Marty Burleson. Board members Ken Trusty, Kathy Seidling and Ron Hinkle were absent.

Minutes of the May 4, 2018 meeting were approved upon the motion of RC, seconded by Larry Baker.

OLD BUSINESS

The Arts Liquor License application has been submitted. The Public hearing will be held at City hall on June 18, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. Board members may attend the meeting to show their support. We need to get more signatures on our petitions.

RC reported on the Blossom Day Parade. They had seven or eight walkers and handed out 380 pencils and 400 flyers.

A special executive meeting was held on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 with Chris, Cat, Marty, Larry, Kathy S., Todd and Rich. The meeting was requested by Todd to review concerns from Charlotte Henager.

Charlotte was concerned about a Facebook post stating that the Rialto still did not have a contract for the June 6 and August 4 shows. We had not received a copy of the contract. Chris and Cat said they would find out why we had not received the contracts. It was the consensus that communications should be held directly and not through social media. They also said some people left because they did not have cash for the concessions and they either left or went to the ATM. We agreed that we should be using the Square. The Square works on RC’s phone and Kathy S. said we could use hers also. Chris will get with Kathy and RC to help get the phones set up.

All drinks will be served in plastic. Blue Moon was purchased at the liquor store and it was in cans. Frog Dawg security thought they were bringing in their own liquor so they dumped several cans. It was corrected before the night was over.

They said the restrooms were dirty but Kathy had cleaned them on Tuesday. After the bathrooms are cleaned, we will lock up all but the handicap stall and clean it right before an event.

Before opening the doors for the next concert we will ask all of Charlotte’s security people and our people to recognize each other to better work together. Rialto Board members should wear their name tags.

We will make arrangements for a uniformed bag checker to be at the concert entrance during the admission period. A sign will be posted saying that bags will be checked. One hour should be adequate. Larry will check with a Florence Police officer that has a security business and Todd will check with DD to see what the cost would be. No parking signs are on order the Liquor Store area.

It was a good meeting and it was helpful for both parties.

The proposed play about the Rialto, written by Lynn Donovan has been approved. The tentative date for the play will be in February 2019.

Marty and Rich treated the Rialto Players to pizza on Wednesday, May 16, to thank them for all they are doing.

Larry helped the new restaurant with his fork lift and some young men took the board table upstairs.

Ron has looked into NEEP and the Rialto does not qualify.

Projects Committee

The concession room revamp is in progress. The women’s restroom is being retiled where the toilet had been removed.

Priorities for the future: finish the main level
Small — Paint entryway, paint hallway, patch/paint walls on 1St floor.
Large — Seal concrete flooring and complete stage area.
When the first floor is completely finished, we will then consider chairs/seating.
Larry is trying to get a contractor to check the AC unit that is not working. He has also contacted the fire alarm company to reset the alarm.

Events Committee meets the 15t Thursday of the month

The following is a list of the upcoming events:

May 19 — Florence Museum Pancake Walk (Rialto is open for Tours) – RC and Larry
May 20 Florence Car show (Rialto is open for tours and restrooms) – RC and Kathy M.
June 6 Concert: Frog Dawg Productions — Namesayers and Briffaut
June 9 — Concert: Frog Dawg Productions Dennis Johnson and the Mississippi Ramblers (Todd)
June 18 – Florence City Council Liquor License Application Public Hearing 7 p.m.
June 22, 23 24, 29, 30 and July 1 — “Savannah Sipping Society”. Posters are printed and being distributed. Ad will be in the Shopper and the Daily Record. (RC)
July 4 — Florence 4th of July Parade (RC)
July 7 — Funeral Service — (Larry) it will be at 9:30 a.m. Ceremony would be about 45 minutes and then they would have a small brunch.
July 14 — Concert: The Giving Tree Band, Frog Dawg Productions (Todd)
August 4 — Concert: Frog Dawg Productions — TBA (Todd)
August 30, Sept. 1,2, 7,8,9 — “Valedictorian and the Sorcerer”. Tom Bruno Productions
Sept. 14 — Pioneer Day Royalty crowning at the Rialto — Events Committee
Sept. 15 — Pioneer Day Parade — (RC/Players)
October — “Vintage Hitchcock” Rialto Platers (RC) — Brynn Pearson will be the director
December — “Little Women” (Rialto Players/RC Director)

NEW BUSINESS

Ken Trusty has tendered his resignation. Upon the motion of Donna and second by RC, the Board regretfully accepted his resignation and wishes him the best. We will send Ken a letter thanking him for his service.

Larry saw some chairs at the McCandless Building that he thought might work for chairs for the balcony. After the meeting the board will look at the chairs.

An upright beer and soft drink cooler has been acquired by Larry. Joe Hammel has looked at it and said it was in good condition and the compressor was new. The board will also look at the cooler after the meeting.

The Big Band Event wants to borrow folding chairs for their event tomorrow night. Kathy M. made a motion that we let them borrow some chairs but not the blue chairs, Marty seconded the motion and it was unanimously passed.

Todd suggested that we make a contract modification for the June 6 concert. Marty made a motion we waive the hold the date fee of $200. Motion was seconded by Todd. The motion passed by the majority, Donna abstained.

Todd read a letter sent by Ron Hinkle requesting a 3-month leave of absence as a member of the Board of Directors. It is to take effect immediately and would extend through August 17, 2018.

Todd read a letter from Lindsay Hinkle requesting a 3-month leave of absence as the appointed Rialto bar manager. It is to take effect immediately and would extend through August 17, 2018. Upon a motion by Todd, seconded by Larry, both requests were unanimously approved by the Board.

Kathy M. requested that she have some script to accompany the photos that are on the Webpage. She also wants the information for the Rialto Players membership be a still instead of a rolling information. She also inquired about Amazon Smile and City Market.

RC presented some new information about lights. The one that he was going to purchase will not work for our stage. RC is going to do further research and present it to the Board. The lights he is looking at would be able to be controlled wirelessly.

At the next meeting we will discuss internet service and phone service for the Rialto.

Thomas Mongan has submitted a letter of interest in becoming a member of the FACT Board of Directors. No action was taken at this time in order to have some time for any other interested parties to also submit letters of interest.

The Board discussed what we need to complete for the business plan. It will require a cash flow for 2019-2021. The consensus of the Board was to use a 10% increase each year with the year 2018 as the base. Marty will add the cash flow to the current plan.

There being no further business to bring before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 10:15 a.m.

The next meeting will be June 1 at 8 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty Burleson, Secretary