FACT BOARD MEETING
JUNE 1, 2018

The meeting was called to order at 8:05 a.m. by President Rich Burleson, Board members present were Larry Baker, Marty Burleson. Kathy Madonna. Kathy Seidling, Steve Steele. Todd Williams and RC Wilkins. Board member Donna Murphy was absent and Ron Hinkle is on leave of absence. Guests were Beryl Baker and Tom Bruno.

Minutes of the May 18, 2018 meeting were approved as presented on the motion of RC and seconded by Kathy Madonna.

Kathy Seidling presented the treasurer’s report. The report was unanimously accepted upon the motion of Marty and seconded by Steve.

Tom Bruno gave an update on his play which will be August 31, September 1,2.7,8, and 9. He has several positions open. If we have anyone that would be interested. He asked that we send them his way.

OLD BUSINESS

The Arts Liquor License application has been submitted. The Public hearing will be June 18 and board members should attend.

The Square will be used for concerts. RC and Kathy S. will use their phones. They will coordinate that with Chris of Frog Dawg Productions.

RC presented his proposal for purchasing some lights. The cost will be $1,852.90. The purchase was approved upon the motion of Marty, seconded by Kathy M.

Lynn Donovan’s play proposal for “Haunted Java has been approved for February 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17. We do not have a contract signed at this time.

Internet and phone service was discussed. A decision was tabled. RC will check out the options.

Marty sent a letter to Ken Trusty thanking him for all he has done for the Rialto and to let him know we would welcome him back whenever it works for him. We do have a vacancy on the Board. We do have a letter of interest from Tom Mongan. The consensus of the Board was to wait and advertise the position on our website.

Larry reported that we are still having some issues with the fire alarms. He will wait until after the upcoming concerts to see about relocating the reset button.

Larry had the air conditioning units checked and only one unit is operating. We might be able to get by with replacing four units that are over the center of the building. The cost of replacing the compressors would be between $1,500 and $2,500 each. The cost is an issue at this time.

Larry has contacted the City Police Chief about getting uniformed security to check bags before concerts. One of the officers does have a separate security service and Larry will contact him. Todd did not contact the DD Group.

The Board did not want to buy the chairs from the McCandless building.

The upright cooler has been serviced by Joe’s Appliance and is in the concession room.

RC and Larry said the Florence Museum pancake walk was good. Kathy M. and RC also said the Florence Car Show was good. They had a lot of tours and people were interested in the theater. They said it would be a good idea for the Rialto to open concessions to the public next year.

Projects Committee

The concession room is almost completed.

The toilet that was removed for plumbing has been replaced and retiled.

Priorities for future: finish the main level
Small: paint entryway, paint hallway, patch/paint walls on 1st floor. A paint work day needs to be scheduled.
Large: Need to seal concrete flooring and complete stage area.
When the first floor is completely finished —then we will consider chairs/seating.

Events Committee meets the 1St Thursday of the month RC/Todd

NEW BUSINESS

A discussion was held regarding the band equipment on the stage along with the set of the “Savannah Sipping Society”. RC said that he would remove one four foot panel in the middle of the set so the band can bring their equipment in through the back door. He said he would remain in the back of the set to make sure the flats were not damaged.

Larry and RC have a plan for positioning the new light bar.

RC suggested that we purchase Exterior Display cases for flyers, posters, etc. so the windows are not covered with signs. The board agreed and RC will research the cost.

The under the bar cooler is for sale. Morrie Ayes has been contacted and he believes he can find a buyer. A discussion was held regarding keeping the cooler for upstairs but the consensus of the Board was to sell it.

Larry will take his refrigerator home since we have the large cooler.

After the meeting today we will transfer the pop, etc. into the new cooler.

Todd submitted a request to take a leave of absence until September 14, 2018 effective immediately. Marty made a motion, seconded by Kathy M. to accept his request. Motion was unanimously passed.

There being no further business to bring before the Board the meeting was adjourned at 10:30 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty K. Burleson, Secretary