FACT BOARD MEETING
JUNE 15, 2018

The meeting was called to order at 8:07 a.m. by President Rich Burleson. Board members present were Larry Baker, Kathy Madonna, Donna Murphy, Steve Steele, R. C. Wilkins, and Marty Burleson. Board members currently on Leave of Absence, Todd Williams and Ron Hinkle also attended. Board member Kathy Seidling was absent. Beryl Baker was a guest.

The minutes of the June 1, 2018 meeting were approved upon the motion of Kathy M. and Larry Baker.

OLD BUSINESS

A review of the Frog Dawg Production on June 6 was held. Frog Dawg was unhappy about our venue and staff. They have cancelled all of the other concerts they had scheduled. They requested a refund of $1,300 for money they had paid up front. $600 of that amount was the deposit to hold the date. Upon the motion of Kathy M. and seconded by Larry Baker, the Board unanimously approved the refund in the amount of $1,300. Rich will contact Charlotte and give her a check for $1,300 on Monday, June 18, 2018.

Todd left the meeting after the discussion.

The Arts Liquor License application has been submitted. A public hearing will be held at the City Council meeting on Monday, June 18, at 7:00 p.m. All Board members that can were urged to attend.

Larry and RC are working on installing the light bar.

Lynn Donovan play “Haunted Java” has been scheduled for February 8,9,10, 15, 16, and 17. We will work on the contract after the Savannah play is over.

RC will be contacting Charter/Spectrum about internet and phone service. We will vote on Tom Mongan’s letter of interest to be on the Board at our next meeting on July 6.

Larry reported that he got a bid for the repairing of four AC units. The cost will be $7,000. Upon motion of Larry, seconded by RC, the board approved $7,000 for repairing four units. Larry anticipates that the repairs can be completed next week.

The uniformed security hired for bag checking for the June 6 concert went very well. Their fee was $22.00 an hour for a total of $88.00.

RC has researched an exterior display case for programs, flyers, etc. The cost would be $130 each for two 2’x3′ cases. RC will send the website to everyone so they can see what the cases look like.

We have contacted Morrie Ayes about selling our under the bar cooler. The cooler was donated to the Board by Lindsay Hinkle. Ron inquired why Lindsay was not informed. Marty will contact Lindsay and explain. We have been given a large upright cooler for the concession area. Ron left the meeting at this time.

Projects Committee

The concession room is complete and we are just waiting for inspection.

Priorities for the future are: Finish the main level
Small: Paint entry way, paint hallway, patch/paint walls on 1st floor. Schedule work day.
Large: Seal concrete flooring, complete state area. When the first floor is completely finished, we will consider chairs and seating.

We need to make arrangements with the Fremont Middle School to get chairs for the Savannah play.

Events — Committee meets the 1st Thursday of the month (RC, Rich)

June 18 Florence City Council, Liquor License Application Public Hearing 7 p.m.
June 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, and July 1 “Savannah Sipping Society” (RC)
July 4, Florence 4th of July Parade – Application in and $10.00 fee paid (RC)
July 7 Funeral service at 9:30 a.m. (Larry)
August 30, Sept. 1,2,7,8. 9 Valedictorian and the Sorcerer —Tom Bruno Production
Sept. 14 Pioneer Day Royalty crowning at the Rialto — Donna is going to ask Dr. Bosse If he would play for the event.
Sept. 15 Pioneer Day Parade – (RC/Players)
October: Vintage Hitchcock Oct. 19,20, 21, 26,27,28 Rialto Players (RC)
December: Little Women: Dec. 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 Rialto Players (RC)
Feb. 2019: Haunted Java Feb 8,9,10,15,16,17 (RC) Players

NEW BUSINESS

A discussion was held regarding the Board’s control of all events in the theater. It was the consensus of the Board that all events held at the Rialto will be made through the Rialto Board. Suggestions on what events that we would look into was a Dance venue, Atomic Fire Balls, Déjà vu, Greg Moody or other DJ’s.

Marty will purchase beer, pop, etc. for the Savannah shows.

Marty gave a tour to a couple from Phoenix. They stopped by the theater to see the plaque on the chair that they had purchased for her father. Marty explained that the chairs were given away and no plaques had been placed on them. The consensus of the Board was that we must do our best to find the names of those who donated and were promised plaques on something in the theater. We will check with Millie Wintz to see if she has any of that information in the archives. If we can find the names, the Board will put up a display of plaques with the donors names.

Marty did not receive any replies to her ad in the Citizen for volunteers.

There is a sign-up sheet for staff for the play on the Board table.

The next meeting will be July 6 at 8:00 a.m.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 9:47 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty Burleson, Secretary