FACT BOARD MEETING
JULY 5, 2018

The meeting was called to order at 8:05 a.m. by President Rich Burleson. Board members present were Larry Baker, Kathy Madonna, Donna Murphy, Kathy Seidling, Steve Steele, RC Wilkins and Marty Burleson. Ron Hinkle and Todd Williams have taken a leave of absence. Guests at the meeting were Beryl Baker, Torn Bruno and Lynn Donovan.

The minutes of the June 15, 2018 meeting were unanimously approved upon the motion of Larry and seconded by RC

Kathy Seidling presented the Treasurer’s Report. The Treasurer’s Report was accepted upon the motion of RC and seconded by Steve Steele.

Donna presented a check for $500.00 which she is donated in honor of Lynn Greenlee.

OLD BUSINESS

A review of the “Savannah Sipping Society was discussed. RC will have a completed report at our next meeting. With the purchase of the lights, the play was over budget by $443.93 but without the lights the play was $1,408.97 under budget.

The Arts Liquor License is posted in the Concession Room. Donna gave us the name of a distributor that we can contact for wine.

Lynn Donovan discussed the needs for her play and wanted to know the Board’s decision. The Board will be implementing policies/procedures when others want to use our building for their plays, etc. This was on the agenda under New Business. This will include rental cost and also sound, light, equipment. etc. RC will develop this list. The proposed play has been turned over to the play committee for review.

Charter will provide phone and internet for $74.99 monthly. It was the consensus of the Board that we need a phone with answering service and internet.

There is a vacancy on the Board and a secret ballot was held on Tom Mongan. Ballots will be counted at the close of the meeting.

The AC units have been repaired.

No decision has been made on the exterior display cases for programs and flyers.

The under the bar cooler is still for sale. Morrie has been contacted.

Posters of this year’s plays are on display on the concession room divider.

Project Committee

The concession room is completed.

Priorities for future:
Small: paint entry way, paint hallway, paint/patch walls on 1st floor
Large: seal concrete flooring, complete stage area and stage basement area
Larry reported on a Sherwin-Williams floor product.

Attachment to Agenda: Small projects that need to be completed.

A work day to paint entry way, foyer and main hall has been schedule for 7/13 at 8:00 a.m.

Events for 2018 and 2019 were discussed. Kathy, RC and Steve are on a committee to plan a New Year’s Eve Party.

NEW BUSINESS

ALL events in the theater must be vetted. reviewed and presented to the Board for approval. The events committee: is RC, Kathy M, Rich, Larry, Steve and Lisa. They will maintain the master calendar. All events are our events!

On Monday at 10:00 a.m. James Devine will be at the theater to present a proposal for a concert.

Upon the motion by Marty and seconded by Larry, a Play Committee has been formed to propose and review all plays and make recommendations to the board for approval. Members are RC, Kathy M., Beryl Baker, Donna and Marty.

A suggestion to get merchants involved was to have a ‘Florence Merchants have Talent — a variety show’.

Policies/procedures to implement when others want to use our building for their plays. etc. (RC will develop). This will allow us (the Board) to share the load and to provide support to get these things accomplished.

A discussion was held on Leaves of Absence. A leave of absence in essence creates a vacancy on the Board but does not allow the Board to fill that vacancy. Upon motion of Kathy M., seconded by Marty, the Board unanimously approved to not automatically grant leaves of absence in the future except for medical illness or family emergency. Board members are expected to be all in and supportive of the Rialto or resign and make room for a Board member who is.

Kathy Herrin sent the Board information about the Steam Plant in Salida having a Community Theatre Festival. They are having an American Association of Community Theatres event next week, Wednesday through Friday. Kathy H. suggested that it would be good to have the Rialto represented there. The Board agreed and asked RC and Kathy M. if they would represent the Rialto. The Board approved up to $300 for tickets, meals and gas.

Tom Bruno said that he needs a curtain for his play. Options were discussed and Tom said that he would donate $200 for the curtain. RC and Larry will get with Tom on the curtain issue.

The Board approved giving Tom Mongan a key to the theater. The next meeting will be held Friday.

July 20 at 8 a.m. There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 11:00 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty Burleson, Secretary