FACT BOARD MEETING
AUGUST 3, 2018

The meeting was called to order at 8:10 a.m. by President Rich Burleson. Board members present were Larry Baker, Kathy Madonna, Donna Murphy. Steve Steele, RC Wilkins, Kathy Seidling and Marty Burleson. (Ron Hinkle on leave until August 17 and Todd Williams on leave until Sept. 14). Board Advisor, Beryl Baker was also present. No visitors were present.

The minutes of the July 20. 2018 meeting were approved upon the motion of Larry, seconded by RC.

The Treasurer’s Report was unanimously accepted upon the motion of Marty, seconded by RC.

OLD BUSINESS

Kathy M. will get a quote from AT&T on internet and phone service for the Rialto. We have a quote from Charter for $74.99, CenturyLink quoted $87.94 plus tax. After CenturyLink receives tax exemption verification after 30 day it would be $87.94 per month.

A letter was sent to Lynn Donovan regarding the Board’s decision on her play. Marty read the letter to the Board.

We have received the Exterior display cases and Rich will install them.

The Rialto Players auditions for Vintage Hitchcock will be held August 6 and 7 at 6:00 p.m. The budget for the Vintage Hitchcock was approved upon the motion of Larry and seconded by Kathy M. The projected profit is $4,571.09. The material for the curtain has been purchased. Tom Bruno has offered to pay $200.00 toward the cost.

NEW BUSINESS

A motion made by RC and seconded by Larry to approve the request for minutes of last meeting by Ron and Todd was unanimously approved.

The Alcohol Training Class will be held on Thursday, August 30. All those serving alcohol need to attend.

We are looking for prospective board members and helpers.

Donna presented a check for $200.00 for a painting by Suzanne Phipps that she sold. Thank you, Donna.

The Little Women proposal was discussed. Ticket pricing for plays was discussed. Upon the motion of Larry. seconded by Kathy S.. the tickets will now be $10.00 for seniors and Children and $12.00 for general admission.

At our next meeting we will staff Bruno’s play dates.

Projects Committee (Larry, Stever, Rich)

Continuing to work on the master checklist as presented at the last meeting. Marty has contacted Peg Piltingsrud and she might be able to paint the portion of the ceiling in the grand hallway and would look at painting the ceiling in the hallway to the restrooms. Painting of the grand hallway and the hallway walls of the restrooms looks good. Donna will also contact Elaine about painting.

Play Committee (RC, Kathy M, Marty, Donna, Beryl)

The play committee will meet on Wednesday, August 15 at 10:00 a.m. The Play Selection Information Process first reading was given to the Board as well as the New Director Guidelines. Board was asked to read and bring back corrections or changes at next meeting.

2019 Play dates were discussed.

Events Committee (RC, Larry, Rich, Kathy M., Steve and Lisa Steele)
Meetings will be held immediately following board meetings. The committee is looking for bands, concerts, and other activities to complete the calendar. Rich has contacted Mike Wolking of Sons and Brothers, Misty Dawn, Colo. Country Music Assoc., and The Other Band about performing. Another possible event is the “Florence Follies” or the “Rialto Review” using local dignitaries to perform.

Rich and Donna will do a KRLN radio spot on Tuesday, August 28 at 12:45 p.m. Pioneer Day activities will be discussed.

Donna will have a table at the Sons of Italy event on September 8. She will sell T-shirts. We will need to order more T-shirts. The Rialto will host Business after hours in September. Beryl will find out what we will serve.

The James Divine concert is on Sunday, September 16 at 1:00 p.m. Thank you RC for designing the flyers.

The New Year’s Eve Party committee of Kathy M., Steve, and RC will work with the Chamber. The Chamber is supposed to be contacting them.

The Rialto Players are considering having a Melodrama every Sunday afternoon in the summer. There would be two groups of actors to alternate performing.

Rich has contacted Doug Rae of the Humane Society regarding a dog show. Rich is waiting for a reply.

The next meeting will be August 17, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 10:15 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty Burleson, Secretary