The meeting was called to order at 8:06 a.m. by President Rich Burleson.  Board members present were Larry Baker, Kathy Madonna, Donna Murphy, Steve Steele, R.C. Wilkins, Ron Hinkle and Marty Burleson.  Board member Kathy Seidling was absent.  Todd Williams is on leave until September 14, 2018.  Board Advisor, Beryl Baker, was also present.  There were no visitors.

The minutes of the August 3, 2018 meeting were approved upon the motion of Larry and seconded by Kathy M.

OLD BUSINESS

Obtaining internet and phone service from Charter for $74.99 was approved by phone vote.  RC will contact Charter.

The exterior display cases have been installed but we will need to purchase two more.  Baseboards and concession trim have been installed.  Painting of hallway to the restrooms, sheetrock, sconces are in progress.

Rich and Donna will do the KRLN radio spot on Tuesday, August 28, at 12:45 p.m.  Pioneer Day events will be discussed.

Rialto Players auditions were held on August 6 and 7 at 6 p.m. for Vintage Hitchcock.  Two male roles need to be filled.  We have the curtain for the Tom Bruno play.  RC, and Larry are getting ready to put in the grommets.

We need to make a decision on the ceiling in the hallway to the restrooms.  Donna has asked two interior decorators to come and look at it.  Peg Piltingsrud has also been asked for input

The Pioneer Royalty Coronation will be held September 14 with music by Jim Bosse.  RC is making the programs.  The Rialto Players will participate in the parade on Saturday the 15th.  The James Divine concert will be Sunday, September 16 at 1 p.m.  Flyers are being distributed.

The Rialto will host Business After Hours on September 20.  RC has designed flyers for the event.  Beryl will provide the snacks.

Kathy M., Steve and RC are our committee for the New Year’s Eve party.  Rich will meet with Brian

Allen of the Chamber on Tuesday to find out who is serving on their committee so they can all get together to go forward with the planning.

The Alcohol Server Training classes are scheduled for either 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. or 11:00 to 12:30 p.m. on August 30. Board members signed up for the time they preferred. The Retail Food License has been posted. 

Ken Trusty has been asked if he would consider coming back on the board.  He indicated that he could not come to meetings during the work day.  The board discussed changing the meeting to evenings which would also benefit Kathy Seidling.  The Board agreed to move the meetings to the first and third Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.  Marty will contact Ken to see if that will work for him.  The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 4, at 5:30 p.m.

Ticket pricing for the Vintage Hitchcock play will be $10 and $12.

Doug Rae met with Larry to look at the Rialto to see if it would work for the Humane Society Dog Show.  Doug will check with the women and men who participate in the show to see if they think it would work.

We are going to have to find a storage solution.  Larry is considering making an offer on the lot behind the Rialto to see if they might be willing to sell it.

Rich has met with the beer distributors.  Orders are taken on Mondays and delivered on Wednesday. The cost to us would be about $1.00 per beer.  He has also visited with Janna at Republic National.  We will get box wine because it has a longer shelf life.  We can get a mixed case of six boxes for about $100. 

NEW BUSINESS

Discussion was held about having a portable dance floor 24’x16’ when we have bands.  Larry and Rich will look at the cost and feasibility.

Projects Committee

Continuing to work on the checklist of projects to be completed.

Play Committee

The Play Committee will meet the second Wednesday of the month at 10:00 a.m.  They reviewed the play Clue on the August 15.  The guidelines for “Play Selection Information Process” and the “New Director Guidelines” will be presented for the 2nd reading on September 4 as some members did not have a copy.

Events Committee

RC will be preparing the proposed budget for Little Women.

Event committee will be looking at the possibility of having “A Taste of Fremont” as a fundraiser.  Fremont County restaurants would provide samples of some of their specialties.

The event committee will meet immediately following board meetings to discuss bands, concerts and programs to complete the calendar.

Events, activities, programs and other things to do in 2018 were reviewed and discussed.  Plays and possible activities for 2019 were also discussed.  The goal would be to have some event or activity every month. 

Other New Business

Before the meeting was adjourned, Ron Hinkle said he was resigning from the board and he turned in his key.

 

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 10:30 a.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Marty Burleson, Secretary