The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m. by President Rich Burleson. Board members present were Larry Baker, Steve Steele, Kathy Seidling, R.C. Wilkins, Donna Murphy, Ken Trusty and Marty Burleson. Board members Kathy Madonna and Todd Williams were absent. Board Advisors Beryl Baker and Lisa Steele were present.

Upon the motion of Larry Baker, seconded by R.C the minutes of September 5, 2018 were unanimously approved.

OLD BUSINESS

RC and Larry will review the design of the curtain.

No decision has been made regarding the ceiling in the hallway to the restrooms. Ken Trusty and Kathy Seidling said they would be willing to paint it if Peg Piltingsrud or Elaine Green believe we can duplicate the original design.

The New Year’s Eve committee will meet with the Chamber on Monday, September 24 at 6:00 p.m. Steve will be out of town and unable to attend.

Steve, Marty and Rich are working on the Business Plan update.

The Rialto will be hosting the “Business After Hours” on September 20 from 5-7 p.m. Beryl is planning the refreshments. We will give those attending a ticket for one beverage. We will also ask them to sign in and provide their e-mail address so we can add them to our mailing list.

Larry is trying to find a contact regarding the lot behind the Rialto.

Larry and Rich will work on the possibility of constructing a dance floor (24’x16’).

Rich, Marty and Kathy M. met with Wayne Hammerstadt and Larry Heid last Wednesday. Wayne provided us a list of bands for us to listen to and select which ones we might be interested in having play at the Rialto. The list has been forwarded to the Board. On Thursday Kathy M., Rich, Marty and R.C. met with Amy Whitesell. She also sent a list of bands that she would be able to bring to the Rialto.

Considering the amount of time to produce our plays, it was determined that the play would run for six performances.

NEW BUSINESS

Donna will check with Habitat for Humanity about the success of the “Taste of Fremont County” that they did for several years. We are interested in why they are not doing it anymore and what would be required to host this event.

Who is doing what for PR, etc. was discussed. RC will design all of the posters and tickets for the plays. Lisa will help with posters for other events as well as advertising and marketing. RC is doing the posting on Facebook. Kathy M. and Lisa will send press releases and pictures to Deb Morton for the web page.

Rich is going to contact the CSU Pueblo business department to see if they have interns in marketing and business management that might work with us on our marketing and our business plan.

Ken was excused from the meeting at this time.

Projects Committee

The committee is continuing to work on the checklist of projects to be completed. The next big project will be the theater/concert hall room and the removal of the projector from the Concession Room into the West room.

Play Committee

The play committee met on September 5. The committee set the 2019 play dates. At the next meeting the committee will review and discuss the “Play Selection Process” and “New Director Guidelines”.

Events Committee

The Rialto will be open for the Junktique on September 28-29 for vendors, concessions, restrooms, and tours. Friday the 28th we will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday the 29th we will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.

On October 20 the Rialto will host the “Sons and Brothers” concert to benefit the Sangre de Christo Hospice.

The Board reviewed remaining events for 2018, and tentative events for 2019.

 

The next meeting will be Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.

There being no further business to bring before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:00 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Marty Burleson, Secretary

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This