The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m. by President Rich Burleson. Board members present were Larry Baker, Kathy Madonna, Donna Murphy, Kathy Seidling, Steve Steele, Ken Trusty, RC Wilkins, Todd Williams, and Marty Burleson. Board Advisors: Beryl Baker and Lisa Steele were also present.

Haley Atkinson was a visitor. Todd Williams made a motion that Haley could stay for the meeting, seconded by Kathy Seidling. The majority of the Board approved the motion, with one no vote. Haley indicated that she would be interested in being on the Board.

The minutes of the September 18, 2018 meeting were unanimously approved on the motion of Larry Baker, seconded by Kathy Madonna.

OLD BUSINESS

The review of the curtain design will be done at a later date.

Peg Piltingsrud has looked at the ceiling in the hallway to the restrooms. Because of the water damage, she suggested that we might want to frame the area to show the original design. She also suggested that the ceiling outside of the design could be painted to the east and west walls. Elaine Green was also going to look at the ceiling to help us decide. We will make a decision after we have reviewed all of the options.

Susie Jordon, Brian Allen and Janna Hagan are representing the Chamber on the New Year’s Eve Party planning. We have agreed on a 60/40 split of the profits. The Rialto will receive the bar proceeds. No decision has been made on having a band or a DJ. They will have another committee meeting on Monday at 4:30 p.m.

We are still working on the Business Plan and another work session will be scheduled. Rich has contacted CSU Pueblo Business Department to see if they have a student intern that might be interested in helping the Rialto with the Business Plan.

The “Business After Hours” and the Junktique events were reviewed and deemed very successful. Thanks to Beryl for providing the refreshments for the Business After Hours. Thanks to Larry, RC, Kathy Madonna and Kathy Seidling for all their help at the Junktique.

NEW BUSINESS

Lisa Steele has volunteered to help with advertising and press releases. Rich will contact the Canon City Chamber of Commerce to let them know that RC will be our Canon City Chamber Representative.

Rich will check with Mike Wolking regarding when the tickets for the Sons and Brothers concert will be available.

Projects Committee

Larry and Rich are looking at the feasibility of constructing a dance floor. The need for storage space is also on the project committee agenda. The next big project will be the theater/concert hall room and the removal of the projector from the Concession Room window in the West room (future Welcome Center, History Display Room.) The committee is considering some small tables for music events.

Play Committee

The play committee will meet on the Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Play dates for 2019 have been selected. The committee will also review the Play Selection/Information Process and New Director Guidelines.

Events Committee

The committee is looking at bands, concerts, and programs to complete the calendar and work on 2019 events.

 

Haley was excused from the meeting.

Upon motion of Marty, seconded by Donna the Treasurer’s Report was accepted as presented.

The next Board meeting will be held Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.

There being no further business to bring before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 6:35 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Marty Burleson, Secretary

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This