Call to Order – FACT Board of Directors, October 11, 2021
Roll Call: Ron Hinkle, Jennifer Bowers, Ray Linebaugh, Carolyn Solseth, Marc Baluch, Debbie Morton, Sue Haws, Martie LaCasse, Absent Larry Baker
Guests – Lloyd Harwood, Milo Cress
Approval of Minutes: September 27, 2021 amend to include statement about not insulating green room ceiling. Jennifer -Motion to approve minutes. Second Ray Linebaugh.

Treasurer’s Report: Carolyn’s Update

  • Software to do nonprofit accounting. Price does go up after 4 months to $80 per month. But Carolyn was able to work with Tech Soup–able to get software for $78.00 one time fee for the year. We have been approved and Carolyn is set up.
  • We are now set up with Darcy as 81% for Programs, 13% for management, and 6% fundraising for our annual disbursement for tax purposes.
  • Carolyn would like to request a 2nd debit card to keep at the Rialto, and a more formal process to keep track of our purchases and where they are going.
  • Current checking and savings $8222.00

Grants – Martie

  • Discussion with Florence Hotel principals including Historic preservation architect and partnership with Community Revitalization Grant; Scope of Work; Deadline early-December
  • Martie could use letters of recommendations from community members and other organizations that work with the Rialto Theater. Please have them as digital copies when able.
  • Ron contacted Unbridled about the grant that St Cloud got, and how they can help us get a grant as well. We will be meeting with them when time allows to discuss what our options might be and to speak with their historical architect.
  • Establish VisionCommittee–meeting Wednesday at 6pm October 13. This committee is meeting to create the scope and sequence of the projects needed to complete the Rialto Theater renovations.

Previous Business Items

  • Election of Vice President – Marc-Motion to make Jennifer Bowers VP, Debbie Second. All in favor, motion passed.
  • Election of Secretary- Jennifer Motion to make Debbie Morton secretary, Marc-second. All in favor, motion passed.
  • Jennifer-Motion to make all 4 officers signers on the bank accounts with online access, but Carolyn is the only online bill pay access person. Marc-Second. All in favor, motion passed.
  • New Board Members – Letter of Interest – Lloyd Harwood
    Marc-Motion to accept Lloyd as our 9th board member. Ray-second. All in favor. Motion passed.

Fundraising Committee

  • Junktique – Recap Sales and Concessions $444.00
  • Steam Punk Ball – Oct 9 – Recap Concessions $415.00 , plus $200 from Ray
  • Concessions: Place order by Tuesday for deliver on Thursday for following weekend; Marc primary and Ron alternate
  • Front Range Big Band – October 10; $597 in sales. Tentative next concert date in April 2022.
  • MSCSS Pageant – discussion on vendor request to not sell alcohol. Board vote on whether or not a vendor can request that certain items not be sold during their events. 5-Aye, 3- Nay. Confirmed with the board that vendors can make these requests and the board will honor them. Jennifer will contact Veronica.
  • Podium purchase- we have borrowed before, but would like to buy or have Florence H.S make a podium for us. Jennifer will make contact with someone from FHS to see if the woodshop program would like to take this project and complete it before November 14 for the pageant.
    Marc-motion to approve up to 300.00 budget to move forward with podium. Second Lloyd. All in favor, motion passed.

Production Committee

  • FCT – Odd Couple – Oct 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24
    Assignments/Availability–Sue will put out a schedule. We only need concessions. FCT is handling tickets, lights and sound.
  • Green Room Update – Ray. Dry wall coming Tuesday. Over budget due to needing experts on certain work. Needs a plumber to find the water line to finish bathroom. New budget for the green room is $3925.00.
  • Paranormal Tour October 23-Sue and Carolyn will work the paranormal night 10-midnight. We are selling the tickets for Crossover and will reimburse them for the difference after we keep our cut.
  • Additional paranormal tour initiatives – Halloween weekend Oct 29 and 30. 30 min tours, 8-8:30, 8:30-9, 9-9:30 and 9:30 to 10. $10.00 per person, max 50 people at a time. Then from 10 to midnight 2 hour ghost hunt $30.00 per person. Waiting to promote until we hear back about insurance for these types of events. Jennifer will let Tiffany know about not being able to go upstairs for tours, even with board members present.
  • Halloween Trick or Treat – October 31 – Main Street
    Status of candy drive – Jennifer-permission to hold a candy drive at Harrison. Asks that the board approve 2 tickets for a Rialto show to be put up as a prize for the candy drive. Board approved.
  • Witness and the Judge – Ray–moved to Easter due to time constraints. However, with December now clear, there may be an opportunity for Salida Circus to come down and do 1 weekend of shows for the Holidays. Jennifer will have a production committee meeting to confirm available dates in December.
  • FHS Band Concert Fundraiser –May 2022 – Jennifer –waiting on word back from Canon Rental about capacity with the number of tables needed. Spoke to Mr. Nelson from FHS and they can break the dinner concert into 2 seatings for dinner to minimize the number of people seated to 100-125 rather than all 250 at one time.
  • Living Word Four Square Church –Community Sing – Sue –confirmed. Waiting on a group’s availability to determine if Jan 21 or Jan 28 is better. They will pay Rialto $200.00 to use the theater that day.
  • Curtain – Ray –we need to create more funds before we can purchase this item. Now that Witness is moved to Easter, we can continue with the “Red Curtain” Concert series we began in the summer.

New Business Items

  • Use of a cash register to document concession sales, square still used for credit card transactions.
  • Side fire door inoperable–waiting to hear back from the company who installed it to see if they can fix the issue.
  • Concessions: Debbie –Motion to increase just candy from $1.00 to $2.00. Ray-Second. All in favor, motion passed.
  • Debbie-Motion to increase ticket prices from 10/12 to 12/15. Second-Sue. All in favor, motion passed. We will create a statement about the increase and why we needed to do it when we use the new ticket prices for the next Rialto produced event.

Next Board Meeting Date – October 25, 2021 – 6pm
Meeting Adjourned-8:09 pm

Respectfully Submitted,
Debbie Morton, Secretary