Call to Order – FACT Board of Directors, November 22, 2021 6:03pm
Roll Call – Ron Hinkle, Jennifer Bowers, Carolyn Solseth, Debbie Morton, Sue Haws, Lloyd Harwood, Larry Baker
Absent – Marc Baluch, Ray Linebaugh
Guests – Marti LaCasse
Approval of Minutes: November 8, 2021 – Jen made a motion to accept the minutes, Carolyn seconded the motion, all in favor, motion passed.

Treasurer’s Report – Carolyn

  • Cash is at $4600, some big bills have been paid, utilities have skyrocketed, some bills haven’t been paid yet
  • Carolyn handed out a spreadsheet with analysis of past shows this fiscal year.
  • We do better on shows, not very good on small rentals and bands.
  • Carolyn handed out budget forms to use for planning future events/rentals.
  • Carolyn will keep the books for now, Darcy’s Accounting could take over in future if Carolyn leaves.
  • Darcy’s Accounting will still do taxes.
  • Carolyn requested that when Square is used for transactions, please enter the items that are being sold.
  • Carolyn will also set aside more starting cash for the register. We run out of $5 & $10 bills.

Grants – Martie

  • Status of OEDIC Community Revitalization Grant
  • The OEDIC Grant is managed by Colorado Creative Corporation. There are a couple of agents who are available to work with.
  • One agent Martie worked with said 12/1 would be good time to get it in, that deadline is for 2021 funds. There is a similar grant amount available for 2022, so relieves the pressure of trying to meet 12/1 deadline.
  • By next meeting Martie will have estimate for Solar for the roof, how much it will cost and benefits. After Thanksgiving, the solar contractors will be here.
  • Colorado Creative have guidelines related to saturation of their funding in each county. Since the St Cloud Hotel got a large grant, might hurt us.

General Discussion Items and action as necessary

Sound System provided by Charlotte Henager

  • She is lending this to us for a year in lieu of payment of rental fee for her birthday party 1/7.
  • She doesn’t want to move it again, so may be a permanent loan or a donation.
  • It was agreed that only board members and trained volunteers will run Charlotte’s system.

ACTION – Tabled from November 8 – Florence Building Inspector minimum requirements for upper level CO

  • Larry met with the inspector, and the inspector said it was up to us to determine what we wanted with the upper level. His biggest concern was the short railing and children.
  • We discussed having permanent seating in balcony, adult-only until the railing is fixed.
  • We would have to prevent people from getting in wings of balcony until we have fire escapes near the stage. We can put up a temporary wall with a lockable door.
  • We could also re-open doors that existed between balcony and backstage for emergency exit.

Storage Space Update – Ron

  • Ron contacted the Property Management Co. regarding a possible rate reduction on the space near the cigarette store. Ron hasn’t heard anything back.

EVENTS

November 14 MSCSS Pageant – Lessons Learned

  • We need to add a cleaning deposit and damage deposit to our rental agreements. Ron recommends $250.
  • A bottle was found in a toilet in men’s room, several toilets were clogged in women’s bathroom.
  • We won’t store food for after-party.
  • We need to stick to contracted times.

November 19 – 60 Degrees – Sue

  • Sue was happy with the turnout. She thought we needed 40 people to break even and we got more than that. Everyone had a wonderful time.
  • The Band donated their split back to us. The Band had a good time and would like to come back.
  • We need more lead time for advertising.

November 23 – Ray L. Birthday Party

  • Cancelled due to Covid

December 4 – Free Holiday Sing-a-Long – Jennifer

  • Volunteers – Sue will coordinate from 1-2:30, we need 2-3 board members and maybe a couple of other folks
  • Marketing Budget – quarter page for $50, the Daily Record will do a free ad for non-profit every Thursday
  • Performers – Jen has some lined up
  • We will sell hot chocolate. Jen will get cookie trays and cups with lids from Sam’s Club.
  • Budget of $100, admission is canned goods or donation to Rialto.

December 10,11,12 – FCT Children’s Holiday Show – Jennifer

  • Marcie has returned the contract, there will be 8 rehearsal nights starting on Nov 28.
  • We discussed whether we should we loan a key to Marcie for rehearsals.
  • Ron’s concern was making sure Marcie knew how to lock up the theater. Jen will teach her. Ron suggested that if it is not locked up properly the key would be taken back.
  • Sue made a motion to give Marcie a key, Lloyd seconded the motion. All in favor, motion passed.

December 18th – Salida Circus Holiday Show – Jen

  • They haven’t sent the contract back. They are concerned that Covid will shut them down. If Covid causes a cancellation, we will understand.
  • Jen has the logo and will work on flyers, etc. Salida Circus will send video and pics. We are doing 30/70 split. If we sell out at the $15 admission price, we will gross 2100-2200 for 2 shows. All tickets will be $15, no discount for senior/student.
  • Jen will look into selling cotton candy, maybe we can purchase pre-made cotton candy or rent a small machine. Ron suggested we could work with a 10yo entrepreneur from Canon City who sells cotton candy.
  • Jen will write up a budget for Carolyn.
  • We should put an ad in the Chieftan.

Schedule 2022

January 7 – Charlotte Heneger Birthday Party – “40 and Fabulous”
January 8 – Diamonds & Studs – “Back to your Roots”
January 9 – Possible if SRO on night before – full price matinee

  • The contract has been signed for Charlotte’s birthday Party. This will be a 2hr show. The performers will be coming in Thursday night, and will want a sound and light check on Friday during the day.
  • We will need at least 5 volunteers in concessions, plus ticket takers and a security person. Jen’s husband would be willing to help out with security.
  • Allen will be a celebrity bartender in Drag.
  • It was agreed that tickets go on sale for 1/8 performance at 8am Friday Nov 26th after Thanksgiving. 200 tickets will be available on the website. We may need a standby list if we sell out.
  • “All Pro’s music licensing” should be on web page. Deb will look at the Little Loco flyer for exact verbiage.
  • Ron wants to see if we can find a pink Cadillac to pose in front of the Rialto or “drag” main.
  • Ron wants to see if we can get sponsors for $100, $250, $500, and $1,000 levels with tickets and possible backstage passes included in the higher levels.
  • Marketing plan – Bobby Wire to market to LGBT audience is Pueblo, COS and Den.
  • KRLN – PSA’s; Fremont 360; COS Independent; Salida Mountain Mail; COS Radio; – Marketing budget for Rialto – NTE $500

January 14/February 14 – Savannah Chestnut –

  • Feb 14 conflicts with Fools set and rehearsals. Savannah messed up the date, she will be here Feb 14 instead of Jan 14. Fools set will be in place and Savannah doesn’t want to perform in front of that. We may see about a future date with her.

January 21 – Living Word FourSquare Church Community Sing – Sue

  • They are all set, requested no alcohol sales. Rental is $200 fee.

February – Kathy Herrin – “Fools” – Update – Jennifer

  • Kathy is ready to go.
  • Sponsorship will be $1050 for rights and royalties. If we have to purchase scripts again, it could add $300 to price.
  • Jen will be stage manager, so will not be able to do any other volunteer activities.
  • We need written contract. 50/50 split of tickets, we keep concessions.

April – Witness and the Judge –

  • Ray was absent. We will ask for update at a future meeting. Tentative dates are Apr 8, 9, 10, 15, 16.

April – Front Range Big Band

  • Spring Fling concert – 1st weekend of April is 150th anniversary in Canon City. Witness & Judge will be the following 2 weekends. We may try for 22/23 or 29/30. Ron will contact them to see what works.

May – FHS Band Concert Fundraiser

  • Seating for 200 is possible – 4 rows of 6 tables, end to end, and 1 head table of 6; 25 rectangular tables of 8; placed length front to back. FHS Band will need to rent 25 rectangular 8’ tables and 200 chairs for uniformity and continuity. Catering tables can be at the back of the auditorium.
  • Damage and Clean Up deposit of $250.
  • Fee for auditorium use $600/evening or $500/day. We may need to offer a reduced fee because they don’t have funds. Sue wants to offer a reduced rate as community goodwill. Jen will offer them $500 + $250 damage deposit.
  • Carolyn discussed costs because we need to make money on our rentals. Martie asked what Abbey and other venues charge for a one-night event. We should be competitive with those prices.

Fremont County Has Talent 2022

  • Sue has 3 acts lined up. 2nd or 3rd weekend in June 10/11 or 17/18. Jen would prefer June 10/11 because she’ll be doing the Children’s Theater Camp starting June 13th.

Children’s Theater Camp

  • Jen and her friend Megan will be running the camp. Jen will propose split with some funds going to Jen’s Harrison Drama Club.
  • The Children’s Camp will start June 13 and will be 4 or 5 weeks because of July 4th holiday.
  • With 2 adults running this, they can have up to 30 kids, 9am-2pm, charge $200, kids bring own snacks and food. We could possibly get $6k in camp fees plus $8k performance ticket prices.
  • The stage could be used for other performances during that time. Jen needs minimal sets.

New Business Items

We discussed adding a Damage and Cleaning deposit (refundable) of $250 to all rental contracts in the future.
Deb made a motion to add a $250 refundable Damage and Cleaning deposit to all new rental contracts. Jen seconded the motion. All in favor, motion passed.

Ron asked Jen to add voicemail to our phone.

We need a workday to cleanup backstage and downstairs.

We are looking for sponsors for upcoming performances. We need $1525 for “Clue”, and $780+$300 for “Arsenic and Old Lace”. Lloyd Harwood Funeral Home may sponsor “Arsenic and Old Lace”.

Martie mentioned another grant – Fremont Community Foundation – Martie thought they were defunct. Fremont Community Foundation said nobody applied for their funds last year, so Martie will apply. It is best if we ask for funds for a specific project like Red Curtain or Production Licensing.

No additional business items to discuss.

Next Board Meeting Date – December 13, 2021 – 6pm
Following Board Meeting Date – December 27, 2021
Meeting Adjourned – 8:07 pm

Respectfully submitted,
Debbie Morton, Secretary