The meeting was called to order at 5:32 p.m. Board members present were Jennifer Bowers, Todd Williams, Bethany La Loge, Sara Puckett, Larry Baker, Ron Hinkle, Mike Peterson.

Minutes of the April 1, 2021 meeting were read and approved.

NEW BUSINESS

New Board Member

Mike made a motion to add Sara Puckett as a FACT Board Member.
Todd Seconded the motion
All in favor – motion passed

Second Saturday-Updates

Todd reports that he is having a hard time finding a band to play for free right now, and suggested that we hold off on 2nd Saturday this month
Jen stated that we have not advertised this event yet, so there is no harm in canceling
Ron suggested that we look at holding an event for the 2nd Saturday in May
A discussion was held: Board Members will be present to hand out water and soda – Todd and Sara will be gone that weekend

Music Licensing

Todd stated there is no licensed promoter in Fremont County right now

We will need to purchase licensing
— Pay by the show: $380 per event, per unit (at least 2 units)
— Purchase a yearlong contract: $2500 – $4000 for the year to cover the BMI, SESAC and ASPAC licensing (at least 2 are needed)

Pandora Business – $30 a month for Pandora streaming in the theater

Bethany – motion to pay for music licensing per show for now, and pursue sponsors to pay for the year contract, Todd seconded, all in favor, motion passed.

Fundraising

Ron made a motion to pursue an event for the 2nd Saturday in May, Jennifer seconded, all in favor, motion passed.
Drew Frady is willing to play guitar in front of the theater to collect cash donations for the theater.
Yellow Tube – placed in front of the theater to collect spare change. Larry will bolt it to the building for security.

Fundraising Committee – Members: Todd, Ron and Mike
— They will find a time to meet outside of the regular board meeting.

Ron brought up a fundraising idea for car wash gift cards.

Mike presented check from the Rotary Club basketball game – $1035, he stated that we can get this amount doubled from them if we share the receipts from purchases.

Todd is going to pursue Chili’s fundraiser – 10% of sales from one night of service

Roundtable Updates

— Mike will not be able to attend the Roundtable event
— Bethany and Ron will be attending
— 4 minute pitch each session
— Ron provided Bethany with the History of the Rialto
— Roundtable Needs:

  • $10,000 Green Room Completion and Stage items
  • $50,000 – $100,000 HVAC replacement
  • $21,000 annual utility cost and operating expenses
  • $10,000 new seating
  • $7,000 TVs and new Mics
  • $100,000 roof replacement

Board Positions

Jennifer – moved that Bethany be released of Treasure position, and assume the position of Secretary, and for Sara Puckett to assume Treasure
Ron 2nd, All in favor – Motion Passed

Committees

What can start now? Jennifer suggested that we partner with FTC for a showing of “Our Town” at the Rialto, possibly for a players group also:
— Black Box Set
— FTC – ask to pay the royalties
— Split profits of ticket sales: Rialto – 40% plus Concessions, FTC – 60% plus royalty costs

Community Request

Sue Haws – has a requested to use the Rialto Theater for church services while the Living Word Foursquare Church is being repaired. A discussion was held, the topic was put on hold while Jennifer gets more clarification.

Financials

Insurance

The Insurance Policy costs were discussed. A motion was made to accept the quote from AIC and pay the down payment.

Bills

Larry will continue to pay the Rialto bills until Sara is added to the account.
The Rialto Accountant will start to send our monthly balance sheets.

Treasurer’s Report

The treasurer’s report was given. The Bank will require an approved copy of the board minutes before adding Sara as the new Treasurer.

Rialto Clean Up

Would like to hold this in conjunction with Florence Clean-up day. It was agreed that clean-up dates will be April 16-18 (Fri-Sun) 10-4 each day.

Liquor Sales

Larry presented the state and local liquor licenses, Ron will look into finding a liquor distributor.

HVAC System

River Valley Heating and Plumbing came today to inspect the HVAC system – no charge. We have 9 HVAC units, 2 are non-working. River Valley suggested that we look into replacing the entire system. The Board will look into grants for that project.

Other Items

Todd would like to go into the theater to find the previous sound system.

Items for future purchase: Jennifer would like to purchase a new wireless microphone system – $1300 for 16 wireless Lavaleer microphones; We need to purchase a new computer and printer for the Theater, the old one is gone.

Concessions – Who will be selling the alcohold when we open concessions? Servers need to attend the “Tips Training” class (free). Larry and Burl will be our servers for now since they already attended the training.

Meeting adjourned at 7:05 pm
Respectfully Submitted,
Bethany La Loge
FACT Secretary