May 15, 2021
FACT Board Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Jennifer Bowers, Marc Baluch, Larry Baker, Ron Hinkle, Bethany La Loge, Todd Williams, Sarah Puckett
Absent: Mike Peterson (excused)
Call to order: Jennifer called the meeting to order at 2:01 p.m.

Board Grievances & Roles

  • Discussion was held about some ongoing Board grievances and issues
  • Jennifer asked how comfortable everyone is with serving on the board knowing how much work is required
  • Sarah Puckett asked how often we would meet regularly
  • Jennifer stated that the goal will be to get to meeting monthly
  • Bethany asked what the time frame feels like because she is feeling busy with so many meetings, work and event days
  • Jennifer stated that once the housekeeping check list is complete we can start meeting once a month

Old Business

  • 5/6/2021 Meeting Minutes – sent out late in an email this morning
    • Board members pulled up minutes to review
    • Minutes will be approved at next board meeting
  • Treasurer
    • Sarah has been able to get documents to the bank to get added to the checking account
    • We do not currently have a debit card for the main bank account – just for the grant account
    • Jennifer suggested that we get a debit card for this account and move forward with electronic billing
    • Discussion was held about needing treasure’s report for financials
  • Green Room
    • Larry had two volunteers this morning to help with the Green Room today
    • Roger and Kelly
  • Grants : Martie is still working on the Shuttered Venue grant

New Business

Advertising

  • We need a point of contact to consistently send out our advertising for shows and events
  • Each individual group/committee will be responsible for developing their own advertising
  • Martie stated that she is willing to send it out to the press

Sound and Lights

  • Jack Salesses will be to the Rialto today at 5 to show us how to run lights and sound
  • Jennifer will be taking a video for board members attending virtually today

Concessions

  • Taylor Mechanical will be coming to look at the coolers Wednesday 5/19 at 10:00 a.m.
  • Discussion about who will be in charge of the Concessions en total (suppliers, stocking and volunteer schedule)
  • Marc will take responsibility for the Concessions for this first show
  • Ron will be the back up
  • A discussion was held about having a liquor license for this first show – will look into it and if not we will serve popcorn and soda only
  • Marc will look into Apple Valley Cider for Wholesale for concessions

Fundraising

  • Jerry Robinson & Deb Morton (and her husband) each donated $500 in May
  • Need to give a shout out on the marque

Yellow Tube

  • will be up until the end of summer (99 days)

Facebook Fundraising

  • Set up by Michelle Hyatt and Deb Morton in 2020
  • Jennifer stated that there was a deposit of $525 from Facebook in January 2021

Celebrity Karaoke Fundraiser

  • July 10th outside the Rialto
  • Still working on the details and have a few individuals who are interested in participating
  • Discussion was held about individuals who might be interested in participating

Other Ideas

  • Todd is in communication with Chili’s to host the Monday night Fundraiser in the month of June
  • Sarah brought up the idea of creating a contest for the community and promoting through the newspaper to promote the Rialto
  • Jennifer suggested a season of free popcorn as a prize

Productions

Our Town

  • Last day of auditions for Our Town is today – May 15th
  • May extend Auditions one more weekend if we do not have enough cast members after today
  • If we do not get a big enough cast we may have to push out the show dates

Fremont County has Talent

  • Auditions are today and tomorrow – May 15th and 16th
  • Sue needs access to the building Sat: 10-2 (Ron) & 6-8 (Jennifer), Sun 1-3 (Bethany)
  • Jennifer will change the marque for the upcoming melodrama and FCHT

Tips Training

  • Wendy, Larry and Burl have taken it
  • Marc plans to take it soon

Tickets

  • Can Fit 140 seats into theater with currently COVID Protocol
  • Deb will market ticket sales online
  • Live Tickets will be for sale at Canon City Market and Big D in Florence
  • There will also be tickets for sale at the door
  • $10 for children and seniors, $12 full price
  • Jennifer can print tickets for first show

To do List

  • Volunteer Work Day to get Theater ready for the show
    • May 22nd 10 – 2 for next work/ clean-up day
    • Also Green Room Volunteer Day 8 – 2
  • Concession restock: We need to get a list of items to purchase
  • Need to look at restocking bathrooms for shows, and purchasing PPE and Sanitizing items for the Theater
  • Develop COVID protocol for theater
    • May need to wait until the week of to be sure we are meeting currently protocol
    • Check with FCDPH about back pack sprayer
  • Set up the Four Square and get everyone a log in
  • Need to get T-shirts and Name tags made
    • A discussion was held about who we can use
    • T-shirts: Master Printers in Canon, Stich shop – let’s get quotes
    • Nametags: Monrose in Florence
  • Music Licensing: >Jennifer asked Marc to see if sponsor would give us $1000 to get the licensing started

 

FACT Meeting adjourned at 2:53 pm
Next Meeting Thursday May 20th, at 6:00 p.m. at the Rialto Theater

Respectfully Submitted,
Bethany La Loge
FACT Board Secretary