Call to Order – FACT Board of Directors, June 13, 2022 6:07 PM
Roll Call – Carolyn Solseth, Marc Baluch, Debbie Morton, Sue Haws, Ron Hinkle, Martie LaCasse, Ray Linebaugh, Larry Baker (arrived late)

Absent –
Guests –

Approval of Minutes: May 24, 2022 – Ron found several mistakes, Deb will make corrections.
Deb made a motion to accept the minutes, Second – Ron, all in favor, motion passed.

Opening Remarks –

Marc made a few remarks – We are a bunch of different types of people and sometimes there is friction. We need to remember that we are all here for the Rialto and not get caught up in the friction. Be respectful of each other. Remember that we represent the Rialto.
Ron mentioned there is a code of ethics. We need to make sure that everyone has seen and signed it.

It was noted that Carolyn can’t make a motion because she is President, but she will fully participate in all discussions.
Carolyn commented that our communications are still convoluted. Carolyn encourages us to use FB group and keep to the topics.

Treasurer’s Report – Carolyn

Carolyn sent out financial reports. No one had any questions. Carolyn added Rialto Program Ad sales, and also added a line for Comp tickets.
Carolyn handed out a spreadsheet of Clue income/expenses.
We need to approve the budget that Carolyn sent out.
Marc makes a motion to approve the budget, Martie 2nd, all in favor motion passed.

Grants – Martie

No updates. Martie hasn’t had time to email today.

Events

June

Florence City Council Debates (Marc and Carolyn) – June 29 and July 13
Carolyn will be here, Marc won’t, Martie & Ron will be here.

Business After Hours –
The goal was 40 people, we had 37 people show, people networked and mingled.
We made $50 on concessions. The first drink was free and the event went from 6-7pm. There was a silent auction for gifts, proceeds to Florence Chamber of Commerce. We need a way to track free drinks when we do this again, and perhaps have a longer event and provide music/entertainment.

July

Bill Emery – July 1 (Ron)
Cynda wants to put another coupon on back of tickets. She will provide a meal for 5 band members and will make enough for 10 people if BOD wants to come. Tickets have not been printed, so Deb will get the coupons made and sent to Ron. Ron is doing ads, 2 weeks at Shopper and CCDR, free tickets for KRLN. Ron wanted to make sure that we have the setup we want for the chairs and theater.

(Larry arrived at this time)

Savannah Chestnut – July 15 (Marc)
Marc hasn’t heard anything from Charlette about this.

August – December

Arsenic and Old Lace – October
Carolyn tried to purchase the rights and didn’t seem to get the job done. She may have to ask Jen, Sue offered to help. Do we have a director or producer? Not yet.

Other Shows
We discussed other options if we aren’t able to do “Arsenic and Old Lace” –

Sue has a melodrama and she has people who say they want to do it. It is a musical. Sue bought the rights to the script. She thinks we can do it without mics. The show is “No, No, a Million Times No”.

Susan Frushour has a show with a mostly female cast set in an apartment in NYC. The props are interactive. She has someone who wants to produce and she has a director. The show is “Nanna’s Naughty Knickers”.

Marc has 3 older men who are interested in doing a show. Sue will search for a script that would be appropriate.

SOCOSS Pageant – August 13 (Ron)
No updates. She has contract, hasn’t returned it yet.

Kathy Herrin retirement party – September 14
The Parole division approached Jen. They want to do a retirement party for Kathy Herrin. This was approved in a prior meeting. No charge.

Breckenridge Film Festival (Ron)
Ron talked to Steven Kurtz but he couldn’t come to this meeting. He has been invited to the next meeting. No dates have been discussed.

Christmas schedule (Marc)
Ray would like to do Witness and Judge the first 2 weekends of December, this is a very large cast. This would be with The Harvest Players. We need to negotiate whether we do a flat rental or a split of donations. Ray wants to have admission as donation instead of an admission charge. Ray will need access to the theater for most of November to extend the stage and build sets. Marc pointed out that we will need to have other events for that month. There would be 6 performances – Dec 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11.
Ray will put together a proposal of who is responsible for what, with a 60/40 split (Harvest Players/Rialto).

Marc wants the Madrigals for Dec 15-?. Ray would need 2 days to dismantle the set.
We can also have folk singers and community sing along in December.

Fundraising Update

Golf Tournament – Rescheduled to July 16 (Marc)
This was rescheduled for July 16 at Sumo. The after party will be as big as the golf with music and food. Everything will be held at the golf course. There will be 18 hole sponsors that will pay us to be a sponsor, then fund their own games. Marc has a list of game options. Best ball, shotgun start, scramble. $100 per person, $400 per 4-some. Everyone will be needed to work that day. 7am setup, 8am golf start, golf until noon, party ends at 3pm.

Old Business

Painting party
Susan Frushour has 5 – 5gal buckets of “neutral” paint. A discussion was held about painting options, need for primer, possible paint donations.
This is really a band-aid to remove the purple until we can get more money from grants. Carolyn will look at the paint color to see if it would work.

Board Opening
no update

By Laws Committee (Marc and Martie)
Marc discussed with Ray & Martie and they will agreed to meet next Monday night (20th at 6pm).

New Business Items

Organize Upstairs – 3rd floor costume area and 2nd floor office (Sue and Carolyn) –
Sue was hoping Ray & Larry could look at the construction materials that are taking up space and decide what could be removed. Sue, Ray & Larry agreed to meet on Monday 20th @4pm to look at the materials.

HVAC in concessions (Ron)
We need to get A/C into the concession room. Do we have a schematic for A/C system? We need heating in winter and cooling in summer. Larry will contact River Valley.

Fire extinguisher inspection (Ron)
The tags are up in July. Ron will contact the contractor and schedule the inspection.

Liquor license (Ron & Carolyn)
Carolyn got the application and hand-delivered it. State is 8wks behind in issuing them. FBC, Elks, Rialto are right on the edge of running out. Our license expires June 16th.

New flags – Larry put up 2 new flags for the Rialto, one was ruined and one blew away. (Thanks Larry)

Exterminator – (Ron)
We talked about engaging T&J Exterminators for $75 per month. They would alternate one month outside, one month inside. Roaches and bugs.
Marc made a motion to engage T&J for bugs, Sue 2nd, all in favor motion passed.

Flyers in windows (Ron)
We received a request for Ron Beckner to add a big flyer in our windows for the Shakespeare performance in the Westcliff theater. A discussion was held about the types/content of flyers we would allow.
Ron made a motion to only allow theater flyers and place them on the west entry doors, Marc 2nd, all in favor motion passed.

Strategic Planning Ideas

Calendar for 5/1/22 – 3/31/23
i) Types of events
ii) Number of events/month
Rialto as a community partner – how to repair relationships in community?
Friends of the Rialto – can we revive this program?
Red Brick Players – how do we get this started again? Or do we?
Volunteers – need more volunteers!
Rialto as an event center for the community
Partnerships with Harvest Players and FCT. Important to the Rialto!
Sponsorships
Organize office and files.
Written policies and procedures.

No additional business items to discuss.

Next Board Meeting Date – June 28 6PM
Meeting Adjourned – 7:57 pm

Respectfully submitted,
Deborah Morton, Secretary