Call to Order – FACT Board of Directors, July 26, 2022 – 6:16 PM
Roll Call – Carolyn Solseth, Marc Baluch, Debbie Morton, Larry Baker, Sue Haws, Ron Hinkle, Marti LaCasse,

Absent – Ray Linebaugh
Guests – Drew Frady
Approval of Minutes: July 12, 2022 –
Ron motion to accept the minutes, Second – Marc, all in favor, motion passed

Drew Frady was a guest at this meeting.
Marc asked him what ideas he had for a theater show.
Drew suggested “Santaland Diaries”, written by David Sedaris. It is a funny account of Christmas season as al Elf at Macy’s Department Store. Drew said it is a 2-act show, super simple set, couple of set flats and a stool.
Drew said he could direct as long as it didn’t require every evening for 6 weeks. It is a single actor show and Drew felt there were several actors who could play the role.
Marc wanted to know what we would need to do that show. Drew has some possible contacts for set design and costume design.
We discussed show date possibilities in December. We would like to do 6 shows in December, but that might be difficult since Christmas is on Sunday, so we’d need to do 16, 17, 18, then maybe Thursday/Friday 22nd/23rd.

If this show doesn’t work out, Drew might be able to work with us in the spring on a couple of musicals.
“Romance, Romance” could be done around Valentine’s time. It requires 4 actors. Drew would direct and play in a role.
(Drew left at this time)

Board President Remarks –

No words of wisdom tonight.

Treasurer’s Report – Carolyn

Golf tournament numbers – we haven’t received everything yet, but preliminary numbers show our net was right at $5,800.
Thank you Marc for putting this all together!

Grants

Gates $35000 Grant and OEDIC (Marti)
Marti told us last time she had notification from OEDIC. They called at 1pm today (7/27) and said they needed more info from us, and the info they needed was stuff already on the grant application but Marti sent the stuff they requested, along with the latest Profit/Loss statements. The Reviewing Panel are behind the Rialto Project. They want to remove the Hotel part from the grant application. They wanted to know if we could handle the job without the Hotel. They indicated that there are new guidelines that came with the new money. They want to fund non-profits, not LLCs. The original grants were more focused on economic development, the new grants are more focused on Arts. They now want a tele-conference on August 8th for budget concerns. A discussion was held about the costs included in the grant and the historic tax credits. Marti will send the contractor’s report to the Board. Carolyn wants to see all of it to prep for the 8/8 meeting.
Marti is leaving on 8/3, she will return before 8/8.

Events

August

SOCOSS Pageant – August 13 (Ron)
We need to reset the auditorium for the Pageant. They need all chairs, no tables. Ron can do some of this on Friday 7/29 11am-1pm while the Fire Protection folks are here. Everything is still a go for this. The contract is signed. We won’t sell alcohol. Concessions will be open 12-4pm. The Pageant Show is 1pm-4pm. The Rialto will be open 10am-5pm. Ron will work. Marc & Missi & Debbie can also be available.

Westrock Concert – tentative date Aug 26 (Ron)
They charge $263 for a 90 minute concert. They have a media kit on their website. They play Bluegrass, swing, western. We would sell tickets for $10. We can schedule this for August 26th at 7pm. Marc, Missi, Ron, and Deb can work on Aug 26th. Levi will sponsor Westrock for $200 and would encourage other sponsors. Ron will look for other sponsors. Their website is westrockband.com.

Seasonal Concert Series
Marc suggested we start a 3-month seasonal concert series and get sponsors to pay for the bands. We would have banners to highlight the business sponsors. The first day of fall is September 22nd and the Fall Season would end on Dec 21st. We would do one concert per month and use the sponsorship money to pay for the bands. Carolyn needs receipts for any FB boosts.

September -> December

Kathy Herrin Retirement Party – September 14 (Ron)
No updates.

Wedding Reception Rental – Coyote Ridge – October 1 (Ron & Carolyn)
Carolyn told Gillian that this had been approved. We still need an answer about whether they can bring alcohol or if they need to buy thru us because we have a liquor license for the building. Gillian is OK either way.

Breckenridge Film Festival – Oct 8 (Ron)
They are tied up with the September Breck Film Festival stuff, but are proceeding with Oct 8 as a date for our showing. We discussed buying a projector and having local and old films. Ron pointed out that there is an archive of older films that were filmed in Fremont County.

Volunteers
As an aside, we need a volunteer coordinator. People have left names and info, but we haven’t contacted them. Carolyn might be able to do this but she would need help. We discussed providing pizza at events to entice volunteer participation.

Skyline Vamps Burlesque Show (Carolyn)
This is a Burlesque group out of Canon City. Carolyn got an email about this. They want to do a show at the Rialto. They are doing a dress rehearsal sometime in August. Carolyn will post the info on FB and go to the dress rehearsal to see if it would be appropriate. Other Board members were invited to go as well. https://www.facebook.com/skylinevamps

Nanna’s Naughty Knickers (Marc & Sue)
No info – Marc suggested we should remove this from the agenda pending further info.

No, No, a Million Times No (Sue)
No info – Marc suggested we should remove this from the agenda pending further info.

Witness and the Judge – Dec 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11? (Ray)
Ray still hasn’t sent a proposal. Carolyn spoke to him and he thinks this is all approved. Carolyn asked him to get together with her to formulate a budget. Marc volunteered to help with this. Carolyn will give him until Friday, then she will try to contact him again.

Christmas Schedule – Madrigals (Marc)
No info

Bill Emery (Ron)
Need a date.

Christmas Dance Recital (Sue)
Sue wasn’t here to discuss this.

Fundraising Update

Golf Tournament – July 16 (Marc)
Everyone that went had an awesome time and want to do it again. Sponsors were easier to get than Marc thought. Marc wants to do a thank-you for the Lamberts. They want to get together for a dinner to see what next year looks like. Marc will set something up. For next year, we might not have the band and would do something different with the food. Most golfers left right after the tournament so we may handle the after-party differently.

Old Business –

Painting party – this is on hold until we learn about OEDIC grant. Marti would like to have painting done before Christmas. We would all like to show some progress being made on the renovation.

Board Opening – no candidates

By Laws Committee (Marc, Ray and Martie)
No updates at this meeting.

HVAC – no updates

Cooler –
Marc will call to see if someone can come while Ron is there on Friday (7/29).

Inspection of sprinkler system (Ron) –
Western States Fire Protection Annual Inspection and battery replacement is scheduled for Friday 7/29 11am-1pm and will take 3 hours. Ron will be there for the inspection. He may need Larry’s help if it goes long.

New Business Items

Music Reports
Jen was doing the quarterly reports for our music license and we need someone to take this over. Marc agreed to take this on.

Strategic Planning Ideas

Rialto as a community partner – how to repair relationships in community?
Friends of the Rialto – can we revive this program?
Red Brick Players – how do we get this started again? Or do we?
Volunteers – need more volunteers!
Rialto as an event center for the community
Partnerships with Harvest Players and FCT. Important to the Rialto!
Organize office and files.
Written policies and procedures.

No additional business items to discuss.

Next Board Meeting Date – Aug 9 – 6Pm
Meeting Adjourned – 8:03 pm

Respectfully submitted,
Deborah Morton, Secretary