Call to Order – FACT Board of Directors, August 23, 2022 – 6:02 PM
Roll Call –Marc Baluch, Debbie Morton, Larry Baker, Sue Haws, Ron Hinkle, Ray Linebaugh

Absent – Carolyn Solseth, Marti LaCasse
Guests –
Approval of Minutes: August 9, 2022 – Ray made a motion to accept the minutes, Second – Sue, all in favor, motion passed

Board President Remarks –

We don’t need an update on everything. Only talk about stuff that is different from last meeting.

Treasurer’s Report – Carolyn

Not sent.

Grants

OEDIT Grant
Marc suggested we all need to get more involved in the grant applications. Marc mentioned that OEDIT group is now requesting drawings of the proposed renovations.
Ray suggested we contact the hotel contractor. Marc suggested we talk to the guy who is working on the building across the street.
Sue makes a motion to empower Carolyn to spend up to 5k to initiate drawings for the OEDIT grant. Ray 2nd, all in favor, motion passed.

Dave Lambert is also very involved in historical restoration. Could we get him to do the drawings? Ray will contact Dave Lambert.

Events

August

SOCOSS Pageant – August 13 (Ron)
All went well.

Westrock Concert – tentative date Aug 26 (Ron)
As of Aug 23, 2 tickets have been sold at Big D’s, 2 tickets at City Market, 2 online. Levi has requested a table for 6. He has 2 comp tickets.
Ron won’t be here. He gave a check to Sue to pay for Westrock. KRLN won’t give away tickets to promote on air. Tickets are still at KRLN. They could do 10 ads the day before for $99. Maybe LOBO can give them away at his show Thursday night. Deb will push on FB.

September -> December

Kathy Herrin Retirement Party – September 14 (Ron)
No updates at the meeting, however Ron let everyone know on Wednesday that the retirement for Kathy had been cancelled.

Wedding Reception Rental – Coyote Ridge – October 1 (Ron & Carolyn)
No update.

Breck Film Festival – Oct 8 (Ron)
Steve Kurtz was supposed to get us a MOU last week and Ron hasn’t seen it. Steve provided a low/high estimate for a projector: $7,855 for a rear projector on the low end, 16k on the high end. This does not include a screen.

Witness and the Judge – Dec 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 (Ray)
Ray passed out a budget. His budget calls for a CC-TV, we have the TV and Carolyn was previously authorized to purchase a camera. We need LED lights. We could ask Charlette for help. We need sound where we don’t have to use mics. Ray wants to rework the cable that supports the curtain so it will support the cable without a center-mount holder, the cable system causes the curtain to pull open in the middle. Ray has a curtain that he paid 3700 for and he still has it. He suggests we use the same company to make us a curtain. Marc suggests that if we get a curtain on tracks installed for under 5k it would be worth it. Ray wants to extend 4’ on the stage. He says it would be simple to do this. Ken Trusty would like to help Ray with the set design. Ray would like to put together a free-standing fly system to help with sets changes. A discussion was held about the finances and splits. Rialto would need to supply lights, sound, and possibly a curtain. Deb pointed out that Rialto’s proposed share of profits would be unlikely to cover the lights, sound, and curtain expenses on Ray’s proposal. Marc pointed out that lights and sound would be permanent upgrades that are needed anyway. Marc would support this budget except for the curtain. Ray can have a curtain estimate by next week. Ray will have a producer to coordinate the sponsors. Ray’s production team is 12 people. Ray, Marc, and others will meet to hash out a contract based on our discussions.

Ray has another idea to raise money.
Sons and Brothers and Atomic Fireballs. Sons and Brothers wants to do a fundraiser for Ray/Rialto. Ray thinks they can do this in October. They are leaving last weekend in September. They are back in October.
Sue makes a motion that we have this concert on Oct 15, 22 or 29 October. Concert with proceeds to be split 60% to Harvest Players, 40% to Rialto, Rialto keeps concessions. Deb 2nd the motion, All in favor, motion passed.

Canon Rose Acoustic Society
Marc mentioned that the Canon Rose Acoustic society is folding. They have a full winter schedule. They pay bands way too much and get grants to pay them. Can Marti find out who is writing grants for band payments?
Marc wants to save the Canon Rose Acoustic Society and make this their venue. Ray will try to make contact with Canon Rose representative.

Other Fundraising Idea
Marc thought about getting local artists and have them paint what they think this could be and put together a color booklet of what they think this could be.

Damaged west wall
The people who did the external tuck pointing were at the pageant. Sue asked about the possibility of insulating the walls. Sonny looked at that wall and suggested at least an inch of stucco on the walls and that would give good insulation. A discussion was held and it was agreed that the walls are thick enough without insulation. Sue will contact them to see if they would do the stucco patch on the damaged section. Deb offered to pay for any materials.

Fundraising Update

Old Business –

Painting party – not discussed

Board Opening – not discussed.

By Laws Committee (Marc, Ray and Martie) – not discussed

HVAC –
Robert from Taylor mechanical might be here to look at our HVAC next week.
Sue makes a motion that we approve up to $1500 for Ron to talk to Taylor Mechanical about inspecting and servicing all 10 HVAC units on the roof. Deb 2nd motion all in favor motion passed.

Cooler –
Taylor Mechanical (Robert) came on Friday. The cooler service call was $90, it required the cooling coils to be blown out. Freon test was OK. The beer should be cold.
(Note from August 23 event: cooler was about 50 degrees, not cold enough for beer)

New Business Items

Bill Emery is available for Dec 18th matinee.
Marc makes a motion that we authorize Ron to contact Bill up to $400. Deb 2nd motion. All in favor, motion passed.

Christmas Dance Program
Sue has been working with Trevanni on a dance program for Dec 17th. Sue may need a budget for a giant bear costume.
Sue makes a motion for the 17th show, max budget of $200, Ron 2nd. All in favor, motion passed.

We discussed a Santa give away on Friday Dec 23rd with Veronica from SOCO Pageant. No decisions were reached.

Strategic Planning Ideas

Rialto as a community partner – how to repair relationships in community?
Friends of the Rialto – can we revive this program?
Red Brick Players – how do we get this started again? Or do we?
Volunteers – need more volunteers!
Rialto as an event center for the community
Partnerships with Harvest Players and FCT. Important to the Rialto!
Organize office and files.
Written policies and procedures.

No additional business items to discuss.

Next Board Meeting Date – September 13 – 6Pm
Meeting Adjourned – 7:30 pm

Respectfully submitted,
Deborah Morton, Secretary