Call to Order – FACT Board of Directors, August 9, 2022 – 6:08 PM
Roll Call – Carolyn Solseth, Marc Baluch, Debbie Morton, Larry Baker, Sue Haws, Ron Hinkle, Marti LaCasse,

Absent – Ray Linebaugh
Guests –
Approval of Minutes: July 26, 2022 – Ron motion to accept the minutes, Second – Sue, all in favor, motion passed

Board President Remarks –

Ray hasn’t been here in almost 2 months. He hasn’t contacted anyone. He hasn’t sent a budget for Witness. Marc will have a conversation with Ray.

Treasurer’s Report – Carolyn

Sent July Financials 8/3/2022 via email. We discussed the financials and allocation to Program, Fundraising, and Administration.
Carolyn asked for us to Approve the tax return 990 for 2021.
Ron made a motion to approve the tax return, Marc 2nd, all in favor, motion passed.

Grants

OEDIC Grant
Yesterday Marti & Carolyn were supposed to meet with OEDIC grant people. They want to drop the hotel and the LLC off of the grant request. The Federal Govt doesn’t want to share the remaining money with an LLC, they only want non-profits. They really wanted to talk about feasibility of us doing the project without the LLC.
As quickly as possible, Marti needs to rewrite the grant application. They want a blurb on each board meeting by Friday, Name, Career Field, Interests, Organizations that you are affiliated with, any community connections. They want a budget for the project. The lower Marti makes the budget the more likely we will get some funding. They won’t want to do the whole thing. Marti passed out the budget that the LLC created and we discussed which items we could remove and prioritize. Martie will try to get the reworked budget submitted by this Friday.
At some point we might need to rewrite our non-profit mission to include the building and the theater component, right now our mission is just refurbishing the theater.

Events

August

SOCOSS Pageant – August 13 (Ron)
Sue has been working pageant details. The pageant is Saturday 1-3pm. Veronica will be here about 10am to decorate and finish sets. Dress rehearsal is Friday starting at 5pm. Tay Jeffords will set up the sound system at 3pm in time for 5pm rehearsal. Missi, Mark, Ron, and Sue can work on Saturday. We will not sell alcohol during the pageant. Marc & Sue will bring coolers and ice since our refrigerator is not working. The piano tuner is coming in at 10am Wednesday.

Westrock Concert – tentative date Aug 26 (Ron)
The contract has been signed by band. They charge $263 for a 90 minute concert. Ron presented his budget estimate for the event. He estimates there will be 75 people attend and he has $600 in sponsorship money from 3 sponsors. Westrock will do some marketing for us at other performances and on Facebook. Ron printed 120 tickets. Ron will have 18 comp tickets, 6 to the sponsors, 8 to the band and 4 to KRLN for promotions. Ron won’t be here for the concert. Marc will be here. The band wants to set up beginning at 4pm.

September -> December

Kathy Herrin Retirement Party – September 14 (Ron)
Ron is meeting with the responsible person on Aug 19th.

Wedding Reception Rental – Coyote Ridge – October 1 (Ron & Carolyn)
We still need to figure out the whether we need to sell the liquor or if they can bring their own.

Breck Film Festival – Oct 8 (Ron)
There was a Silent Movie Night in Canon City. Steve Kurtz was there. Ron confirmed we are still on track for Oct 8th. Their new CEO starts at the end of August. Ron also asked Steve about silent movies, and getting a screen and projector. Steve will get hi-low estimates for a screen and projector by the end of the week. Hank Troy performed on the piano for the silents. He was paid for accommodations and dinner. Hank is interested in helping if we decide to do Silent Movies.

Skyline Vamps Burlesque Show (Carolyn)
Carolyn told them we wanted to come to a dress rehearsal, likely in September.

Witness and the Judge – Dec 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 (Ray)
Ray isn’t here. Marc will bring this up when he talks to Ray. We need a budget before we can proceed.

Christmas Schedule – Madrigals (Marc)
There is no phone number for them. Marc sent an email and hasn’t gotten a response. He will try again when school restarts. This is a school choir.

Bill Emery (Ron)
Ron will talk to him to see what dates are available.

Christmas Dance Recital (Sue)
Sue has talked to Arah & Trevanni, no progress to report.

Fundraising Update

Golf Tournament – July 16 (Marc)
Marc met with Lamberts for a recap of the Golf Tournament and what we can do differently next year. We may try to have tournaments in the Spring and the Fall. Deb suggested we might have one at Sumo and one at 4-mile.

Old Business –

Painting party –
Ron brought paint chips that match the lobby paint. We are going to wait on this until we get a decision on the OEDIT grant.

Board Opening – not discussed.

By Laws Committee (Marc, Ray and Martie)
No updates at this meeting.

HVAC – no updates

Cooler –
No one is returning phone calls. We can use coolers and ice for this weekend.

Inspection of sprinkler system (Ron) –
Received report and bid to fix deficiencies – $2,685
Invoice for inspection – $695
Invoice for service call – $364
Invoice for new battery – $200 – $300 (not yet rec’d)
Total – $4,044
Ron makes a motion to approve the bid to fix the deficiencies. Deb 2nd the motion, all in favor, motion passed.

Projects for $35,000 grant
We can use 4k to fix sprinkler system. There seems to be a consensus that we want to fix the hallway ceiling between the bathrooms. Marti suggested that we probably shouldn’t touch that yet because it needs to be done to historic standards.

Sound and lighting reconfiguration by Charlette (Ron)
The cable strung along the floor from the concession area to the front of the theater. Marc questioned why we need to string the cable all the way to the front of the building. Marc said it would work just as well if we put it in the back.

New Business Items

Strategic Planning Ideas

Rialto as a community partner – how to repair relationships in community?
Friends of the Rialto – can we revive this program?
Red Brick Players – how do we get this started again? Or do we?
Volunteers – need more volunteers!
Rialto as an event center for the community
Partnerships with Harvest Players and FCT. Important to the Rialto!
Organize office and files.
Written policies and procedures.

No additional business items to discuss.

Next Board Meeting Date – Aug 23 – 6Pm
Meeting Adjourned – 7:50 pm

Respectfully submitted,
Deborah Morton, Secretary